Thursday, May 7, 2009

The last week

In the last week, my work was mainly stacking up stuff, reorganizing and arranging. I had less work that my previous week because the media relation stuff was back and working! :) I couldn't be happier!

In my last week was mostly light works and mainly back to the usuals ... but there was an event .. its called marketing gathering!

In this event, Global TV basically gives presentation to their client and try to convince them to sponsors the programs! It was much more glam than any other event that was held before, at least in my experience, it was!

There were the introduction of Global TV newest program and other things, it was quiet fun. Before the event I was translating releases most of the time, it was quite a light work.


The best part of all was that this too, was my last day! As usual it was press conference and then the event, and I took care of all the registration and such. And there was a new intern, I was told to teach her what to do, so that she can replace me when I'm back in college, it felt good.

And that was when I asked for my marks, what was dissapointing about it was that my supervisor, doesn't believe in giving high marks. Or in her words, "high marks will give people over confidence, in which you actually have to learn the hard way". Doesn't seem fair at the time, but I guess I have to try to be objective. Thus, I ended my internship.

There may be moments where I felt so tired of doing the internship and sometimes I wanted to quit but for all that I gained an experience of working and it was worth the while :) Thanks to everyone who have helped me and for all the lessons, an experience I won't forget :)

4 comments:

Lina said...

Hey Babe~!

I felt so excite about doing the internship during our studies. Glad we have successfully done it! So, would you consider doing PR as your career in future? Well done!

Back to schoool! :)

keisha pasaman said...

i might ... but we'll see :)

EcoRuth said...

I am responding to your comments about the remarks from your supervisor.
I believe some supervisors have had to learn the hard way and sometimes and they feel that this is how everyone should learn the 'game' of PR.

I have had a similar experience with a tough supervisor. While this can teach you a lot of things, it does not provide a positive working environment. This can also link into internal PR communications.

This will be something to remember when the day comes around and we all have PR interns working for us. Remember how we felt and make sure that we try to make we don't do those things to others that we did not enjoy. It would be great if we could return to this blog in 5 or 10 years and reflect on our experiences and just remind ourselves what it was like at the beginning of our career.

rachel said...

Hi Keisha, well I understand you when you say that you were quite disappointed to see that your employer gave you little marks so as to make you learn the hard way. Actually, I think that this can be beneficial to you. If you had had good marks at the beginning, you could have had a too good opinion of yourself which could have prevented you from giving the most of you the next time your go on internship. However, I agree that this can be deceiving at the first glance when you think you have done the best you could do, and then you just have derisory marks. Just take it in the positive way, wish you good luck for your future career, Rachel