Hi everyone!
I'm currently in the fourth week of my internship at the Perth International Arts Festival. I have always admired the work of the festival, and believe the range and quality of artists presented with each years' program provides a totally unique and unparalleled experience for Perth audiences. It's been a great opportunity to practise my PR skills in an industry which interests me on a personal level.
So far, I've been working with the media relations and marketing teams to pull together media kits on the artists for the 2010 programme. The kits include detailed biographies, backgrounders, reviews, images and tour information, all of which is kept top secret until November, when the programme is officially launched to the media.
In a sense, this process can be a bit of a 'waiting game', because artists are not always immediately confirmed and the program list slowly takes shape as we liaise with the various production companies. As a result, timing plays an important role in terms of waiting for all the elements of the program to come together while ensuring the media has timely and thorough information by the release date.
Highlights so far have been going to the screening of a film which is under consideration for the 2010 film festival, learning about some the quirky, clever and inspirational artists, and generally being amoungst likeminded people who are passionate about the arts and creative industries! I've learnt it is important to be enthusiastic and build a rapport will the staff, and also to show initiative by being informed about the organisation and bringing your own ideas to the work.
I look forward to the coming weeks, when the media relations team and I start scoping out interesting angles and media opportunities for the confirmed program.
Thanks for listening! Ros.
No comments:
Post a Comment