Friday, October 16, 2009

1st week

Hi,

My name is Kristelle and I am doing my pr practice in a small marketing firm. It was really hard to find a work experience in pr firm at the moment because of the recession so I decided to focus on marketing firms in hopping that the company would have a PR department. However, the company that offer me the opportunity to do my work experience did not have any PR department as it is a small company but the company has a communication department.

I was really excited about working in a company as I never done any work practice before and I though that it would be a good way to learn more about the real life outside uni.

My first week was the most stressful one as I did not know anyone in the company and I needed to find a way to create a relationship with them. Hopefully, because it is a small company and because everyone works in the same room, it was easy for me to communicate and learn how the company works. Thus, during my first week I learned how the company work, what they do and how they proceed.

The staff is very friendly and considerate, so my integration in the company went very easily. Moreover, what I really like from the beginning is that all the staff was caring about me and was helping me when I needed.

What I really like during my first week is that the staff gave me work to do such as surveys to create and research to do for their new client that helped me to understand who their clients are and what they do.

To conclude, I learned how the company works, who are their clients, how they proceed with their clients, how the staff work as a team, the policy of the company as well as how to stay effective and productive everyday from 8.30 to 5.30 for my first week.

No comments: