So I've finished my placement, finished my report... and just about to press print. There are many things I've learnt through my placement experience, and I thought I'd share a few of those with everyone.
- I've learnt not to be afraid of making follow-up calls. We're all in this together, we've all got a job to do and once it's over, we realise that we shouldn't have stressed so much.
- I've learnt time management. Some tasks need to be prioritised over others and it's important to be organised so that you can meet deadlines and accomplish things effectively.
- I've learnt to have faith in my computer skills. I am adept at creating databases and editing them accordingly so that they are easier to read.
- I've learnt Google really does know a lot. It helps you to find information quickly and easily. Especially if you press 'pages from Australia' :)
- I've learnt no matter what aspect of PR you work in, it's rarely a 9-5 job. And that has me thinking... if it really is what I want, despite the fact that I do enjoy it.
- I've learnt that when you're in the office on the computer working (even as an intern) time flies by and the next thing you know it's 3pm and you haven't even had lunch.
That's just a few little things I've learnt. I'll be staying on at NRC to assist a little bit more seeing as we're coming into blockbuster film season... this is something I'm really excited about and at the same time it fits really well with my work at a movie cinema.
I hope everyone else enjoyed their placement and learnt as much as I did.
Edith
Bentley
No comments:
Post a Comment