Holla,
Finally I got access to this blog. Hurray...I’m sorry for this rather belated post due to some technical problems. Although I am halfway towards my internship, I think it still not too late though because everything seems to get more in flow now than what was a ‘lost’ period at the beginning of the internship. First of all I am glad that I choose MDI (Malaysian Design Innovation Centre) an in-house affiliate of Limkokwing University for my internship. This place is much more fun than it meets the eye. What I really like about this place is that my boss Ms.Ambi trusts me on the tasks and allows me to show my capabilities without the ‘intern-prejudice’ for mishaps. She will then correct me on the mistakes which I find very insightful. The very first task for me was to research about Swaziland.
Yes Swaziland! I swear I only knew this country exists when I was told here. Apparently Limkokwing University is building as new campus in Swaziland to empower the Swazis with 21th century education and skills. Thus, making an inspiring brochure was the agenda and I was tasked for it. That’s right! For the entire brochures that will signify and disseminate information regarding the visions, missions and the upcoming intellectual revolution in Swaziland.
These brochures which will be printed in thousands will play a pivotal role to the establishment of the university in Swaziland and I am looking forward to it. I can tell that I seriously learned a lot about Swaziland, the people, culture, practices and mentalities during my research as I wrote and constructed the brochure. I also had to speak with some of the students from Swaziland in my campus to gain more insight. In fact my knowledge on Africa as a continent has improved tremendously.
Watch this space for more pictures and updates about the gatefold four page brochures which is nearing completion.
Regards,
Shean
No comments:
Post a Comment