It might not be quite like working for a New York magazine like in Devil Wears Prada, but working for an organisation with a broader consumer base has its benefits.
Admittedly, I'd never really cared about the local music scene. At all.
Furthermore, I didn't know or really feel partial to knowing anything about deep, unique Perth based culture. Essentially, the product of being a globalised kid.
But now as well as being in charge of the web-based liasing, I've been put in touch with a lot of what Perth has to offer, and it ain't all that bad.
Designers, models and musicians alike, I'm beginning to see what working for smaller more intimate organisations is all about, and the benefits that are derived from it.
Relating with new publics (pun intended), meeting and touching base with new people and generally extending my number of acquaitances has been phenomenal, in particular the benefits of seeing shows live and hearing what they have to say.
No comments:
Post a Comment