Day 11 at Pigeonhole was reletively uneventful. The days tasks included:
1. Writing up draft emails to print media outlets to send them relevant information about Pigeonhole's new store and involvement in the Perth markets.
2. Putting together another contact list to send out media releases.
3. Compling information and starting 2 factsheets for Mr USB and Crumple Cups, 2 Pigeonhole brands.
Today's activities have given me an insight into media relations, as updating the Pigeonhole data base and emailing the print media outlets has stressed the importance of constantly keeping your prime media outlets "in the loop". Additionally, I conducted a lot of "house keeping" work today, such as updating the media contact list and writing up general factsheets for new brands; which, I feel, is just as important as preparing for major projects, such as events. This is because, as soon as a product is of interest in the media, Pigeonhole can swiftly respond to their requests with a pre-prepared media kit. Also, with an updated contact list, it makes life easier when sending out information!
I feel like I mention this in every blog post, but PR Technique is truely a valuable unit! I always refer to my past work from that unit, as it is very practical and a lot of the work that I do at Pigeonhole I have done in some form of another in my assignments. PR Media has also helped me to understand the nature of the media and how to "ask" them for publicity, which has come in handy today when writing up emails. Thus, I would strongly recommend keeping hold of your portfolios that you made in PR techniques!
Rachel :)
No comments:
Post a Comment