Hello everyone. This is my first thus I will only let you in on what i think about S&A PR. My first day I was nervous as hell as to what to expect. Wondering if i am goin to be given tough assignments and be scared to ask for help or worse, not being given any work at all and spend the whole in front of my desk. When i got there i found another intern, Geraldine, and she was from LUCT too. Cool. the staff there are very nice and always cheerful. Maybe because they are all young people,except for the boss of course-who is also really nice. I was given a document that was to brief me on the procedures of activities in the agency. afterwards i was given a media list to call, and i was really excited when i had to call editors of magazines ( I am going to be 1 in the near future). That was basically my duties of the day-which went on so fast i didn't even notice the 8 hours i spent in the office.
But before the end of the office day, my fellow intern and I were called into our boss's office, Dato` Selina Yeop Jr, a remarkable woman whom i now look up to as my inspiration to run my own business. She told us how pleased she to have us at her agency and ensured us that we are going to learn a lot from there (music to my ears-would'nt want to leave an intership without learning much). She does not spend much time in the office but wants to know what her staff assigns us to do; to keep track that they are not dumping unnecessary work on us...how cool is she! But they haven't given us any silly duties to do, which is why i am delighted to be working with them as they take us seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment