Wednesday, December 9, 2009

THE DREAM KEEPS GOING

I'm now in my third week and the placement is still very interesting.

I am still working on my important project “The Welcome Function". Indeed I have almost decided on the venue. I should know the name of the final venue next week, as I'm going to visit the top three venues chosen from a long list and a lot of research. I have been in contact with lots of different places in Melbourne for the last two weeks and have now chosen three from this list. I will meet with my supervisor tomorrow to introduce to her the top three venues. I worked on Excel to have a clear overview and I have been reading a lot of quotes, so now I'm very familiar with a venue contract.

The top3 venues, chosen from a long list
Studio 3
The University house
R.A.C.V Club

I also have worked on my other projects. My part of the new brochure "Enrich Your Degree" for 2010 is now done. I have been very efficient and fast. In fact, I really enjoy creating brochures and so really enjoyed this task.

I also meet a PR professional who I'm going to work with for the launch of a new scholarship in the Graduate School of Management (I really hope we are going to make it).

The big highlight of the week is the Graduation night on Friday. We have very busy since Monday preparing this event as we are expecting 250 people. I have worked on the running schedule with the project manager and it was very useful to see how fast we have to think about every single detail.

Next week is going to be shared between the Marketing department and the department in which I'm currently working. I have started to really settle into my placement. People are now starting to work with me as a real professional part of their team and not as the new intern anymore. My days are very long, I do more hours than expected and guess what... it does not matter because I love what I do. I will try to post my feeling towards the Graduation Night this weekend.

Thanks

No comments: