Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The power as Public Relations practitioner

Hi everyone,

I just want to share how good to be a PR practitioner based on my experience. Today I met Managing Director of High End Magazine, one of the respective magazine in Indonesia.
Like I said before, I've listed the Media Outlets, and tried to contact and e-mail them about my company that I am in. and just one day after I contacted them, two of the media outlets called me and saying that they're going to cover about Poste to be put in their magazine January edition, and the other one is from TV media, Metro TV. They will broadcast Poste on their "Morning Jakarta" program on lifestyle.

The benefits to be PR practitioner is you just have to have the skill to write and approach media without spending any money to promote our product or service that we offer. And by meeting new people from the media is just something that make it interesting more.

I know as a PR practitioner, our job is not just promoting, yet we do still have to consider about the image.

Today, believe it or not, even though I do have such experience getting free promotion and met people from the media, our Kitchen got complaint from the customers. and it was the first time I had to deal directly with the customers, then I approached them and talked to them nicely and ask my Chef to re-cook as the customers' wanted. After that, I tried to chat with them and gave them a food compliment. After all, thank God they felt happy and smile even I dropped them until the main door.

From there, I tried to talk to one of the customer one by one, table by table. Chat with them about general thing and gave them information about the event that we have.

...To be continued

No comments: