Christmas is just around the corner and it’s the season of giving and loving! Yesterday David and I became the “Santa Claus” of Swinburne Sarawak. We delivered hampers to 10 newspaper offices. David said this is one way to establish good relationship with press as media is one of the key stakeholders of our institution. Besides, I also got the chance to meet people and start building up my media contacts!
AND our photo came out in the papers today!
Swinburne Sarawak presents hampers to press on a regular basis during different festivals, such as Hari Raya Aidilfitri (Muslim festival of Eid ul-Fitr) and Chinese New Year, as an appreciation of their support throughout the year. From here, it can be noticed that they do put in effort to enhance media relations.
Oh yea, media release on Perkata PC donation had been published in “The Borneo Post” today too.
Before I forget, I learnt a new thing from Sheryl last week, called “mail merge”. I don’t know whether you guys have heard of it previously or not. It is one of the functions of Microsoft Word. Sheryl said it helps to save time, save energy (on typing perhaps *wink*)!
I use it to print Christmas cards for my colleagues these few days. These Christmas cards are going to be sent to media, people from other industries and also colleagues in Swinburne Melbourne.
*This Christmas card is designed by our design students.
Lastly, present to you is the little Christmas tree in our office!
(Set up by us :P)
MERRY CHRISTMAS~~~ HOHOHO!
Jenice
Curtin Bentley
4 comments:
yeah, I became a santa as well to send out all the gifts and cards. Well this is one of the way to keep a stable relationship as well:)
Exactly! And we are going to repeat the same procedures for the coming Chinese New Year, haha~
media relations...
It is very important for a PR practitioner because we rely on the media to get publicity. The only way to be close with the media people, obviously is to build a stable relationship with them.
Like my of my colleagues, they not only be friendly with them, they even make friends with them. I mean they really be their friends. Not only a relationship as a PR practitioner and media people.
Most of the time, I realise that as a PR practitioner, our job is not only we, ourself have a stable relationship with the media, but it is our job too to build a good relationship between our client and the media people as well.
This is the reason why, whenever there is any special celebration like Christmas, we will be the representative of our client to send out greeting cards,Christmas gifts, or even pay a media visit.
It looks simple to build a good relationship with the media, yet it is a challenge also.
Media relations is one of the core work in PR. The media is thus one of our key stakeholders. During the On significant occasions such as Christmas Day, effort is made to send our greetings to them. Curtin Sarawak also holds an annual Media Appreciation Dinner to maintain a good relationship with the media.
Post a Comment