Hello Fellow Professionals!
Greetings.
Like I promised in my earlier post, here I am putting into words my first few tentative but confident steps into the realm of professional Public Relations.
My Projects
After being introduced to all the staff (18 of them to be precise) by Salome, I was introduced to the Regional Head who took interest in my international education background in PR. Soon enough, I was being briefed about three projects that I was being entrusted with.
Firstly, I was told to research new media and identify possible PR opportunities for Indian Clients. I have been given one week's time to carry out the research and present the findings to the team during forth nightly team meetings. I have finished my research and I have identified many possibilities for PR prospects in social media. The supervisor has seen and suggested few changes, on which I am currently working.
Secondly, I am to assist outstation client servicing team in arranging UNINOR Launch Press Conference on December 3, 2009. The launch was carried out simultaneously across India. I
was entrusted to take notes as the UNINOR spokesperson (VP-Operations) handled media queries. My notes would then be wired to different news agencies. I will dwell more on this press conference and my experience in a later post.
Lastly, I was to assist the Regional Head in conducting market research for brand positioning of two American Technology Services companies - PEGA and PROGRESS - who are planning entry into Indian Technology Solutions market in mid 2010.
So, well one could not blame me if I felt a tad-bit overwhelmed (or nervous?) about these huge responsibilities being entrusted to me. But nonetheless I was excited to begin my journey in my preferred career with profound passion.
To sum it up my role is to assist core teams in research, development and execution of in station and outstation live accounts. I know many of you would be wondering how the heck am I being pushed straight into thick of actions. Weren't we told in our class that we would most likely be introduced to entry level technical jobs? But owing to my experience in handling PR portfolio for many a projects under John Curtin Leadership Academy, I am given core responsibilities but nonetheless I am constantly monitored, and have to provide updates everyday to my supervisor before I call it a day. Oh yeah this brings me to my working hours. I am working 10am to 7pm! But its worth it. How about you people? People here in the office work up to as late as 9pm working on multiple releases, media follow-ups (IMM), planning sessions.
No comments:
Post a Comment