The COMpanion is designed for students from the Graduate School of Business and Economics. COMpanion lists useful services on and off campus, places to go, things to do and some tips and recommendations that allow new students to make the campus and city their own.
This brochure was originally created three years ago and needed to be updated. In fact it needed updates as the year changed, restaurants and coffee shops closed since the initial creation of the brochure and because of new constructions in Melbourne. Moreover, focus communication groups were running before Christmas break in order to improve various brochures used by the Graduate School of Business and Economics.
The COMpanion has received lots of feedback and suggestions. I have been working on the COMpanion project since December and it is now in the Melbourne University designer’s hands. I made all the last changes last week. I met with my team last Friday to introduce them the new version of the 2010 COMpanion. I received very good feedback and have been encouraged to introduce the new brochure to the designer myself. I finally met with the designer this morning and she was very impressed. I have to send all the details by Friday to be on time for the orientation week (week of distribution of the new COMpanion).
I divided my work into two parts: first part, with all the written information and the map. And second part, with the year planner. I cleared all the written information; I deleted old and not accurate information and added new and interesting ones. I changed some details on the map with the help of a supervisor as I only have a little knowledge concerning Melbourne. I made important changes on the back of the companion as I created a new planner more usable for our new students. I kept the brochure’s name in mind and thought that this planner should be like a companion to each student. It is a planner for an academic year without January, February and December as there is no class for the majority of the students. I chose two different colors (one for the teaching period and another one for the non-teaching period), and clarified all the important dates of the year. Moreover, I added week numbers on the side to clearly show in which week students are. The last idea was to put a little calendar of January, February and December in order to use only one calendar for the entire year and not being obligated to go to another one to have the whole year. All under the title “PLAN YOUR 2010 STUDIES”.
I have to say, that I have been very happy to be able to work on that project on my own. It has enabled me to show all my PR and communication skills. I’m now looking forward to see the print result. I wish a personal project similar to this one to everyone.
I would like you to have a look on the COMpanion brochure and tell me what you think. Please click on this link
http://www.melbournegsm.unimelb.edu.au/downloads/Student_Experience/COMpanion.pdf
Just for information it is 3MB, so it will take a while to load.
Thanks
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://printernship-reflections.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections
No comments:
Post a Comment