Sunday, January 10, 2010

The First Week

Hi everyone! This is my first attempt at writing a blog post so I would appreciate it if you guys could give a few comments or pointers.

Anyways, I'm Hafiz, a student at LUCT. I'm currently doing my internship at Baiduri Bank in Brunei Darussalam. I just started on the 4th of January, which makes it my first week. I work as part of the Corporate Communications & Marketing (CCM) division of the bank. During my first day, I spent most of the time being introduced to members of the staff that I will be working with and understand how the entire division works. The CCM was considered a fairly new division. It was officially started in July last year. Previously, the bank only had a Sales & Marketing division but the manager pointed out that the Bank realized the increasing importance of having a division solely responsible for communications by the bank.

My manager gave me a project that I will be working on for the duration of my internship, in addition to my duties as a Corporate Communications officer. I will working on a standardized format for all internal communications for the bank as there have been issues on the lack of consistency in the format of internal communications.

The rest of the week revolved around creating press releases (My first press release was published on Friday, which I'm very excited about) . I took part in 2 events namely; a "night drive event" held by the Bank in collaboration with a local retailer for Mercedes, in which they introduced the new E-class series to Brunei (with the "night drive" a first of its kind in Brunei) and a Ulysse Nardin watch exhibition showcasing their latest designs held at the Empire Hotel and Country club.

It's only been my first week and I've already learned a lot from my colleagues who are very kind and helpful and I'm looking forward to working with them and learning from this experience.

No comments: