It has been amazing weeks so far ever since I joined Ministry of environment & tourism in Botswana. Working in Public relations field is just amazing. As you know 2010 world cup is coming to South Africa which is just nearby our country, we as the ministry we are also getting ready for 2010 in other areas as a way of ensuring a safe, clean and attracting environment.
However,I'm working under department of waste management & pollution control, ever since I have been here; lot of road shows has been happening to give the public the message on achieving safe environment through provision and enforcement of legislation and policy for the benefit of the nation.
Moreover, we are looking forward to welcome 2010 world cup in a clean environment since we are expecting to see visitors coming to our country for hospitality and sports training. It has been a good experience to be involved in a team of nine young professionals in the department to carry out this road shows in a creative manner, as well as coming up with other strategies/tactics as a way to make the activities lively and to attract the key publics as we move around to create awareness on environmental issues.
I am happy also that I have been involved in creating newsletters, brochures and leaflets which are coming out soon as some of the tactics the department use to spread the message and other ministry issues such as forestry, wildlife etc . I am looking forward also to be involved in upcoming planning which unfortunately will take place while went back to school. It will be a 5 years campaign. I will give you details as times goes on. I am really enjoying educating the public as well as enhancing the iconic status of the ministry.
Furthermore, ever since i worked as an intern here; I learned that to communicate effectively with your publics, you must identify the need; prioritize what is most important;decide what you want to communicate , then keep engaging them because sometimes they really become ignorant to get the message.
I wish you all the best and please remember this; Its passion, intensity and determination that keep you going,There must be something you want, something that impels you to go after it and keep going after it whether in the face of discouragement and disappointment. Keep going and run towards your fears, you will succeed.
Bless you.
Tefo Linchwe
LUCT CYBERJAYA
6 comments:
Hey tefo,
WOW! working towards the planning for the World Cup must be absoultely AMAZING, not to mention hectic.
Working to help make such a grand event a success must be exciting. Do you ever feel like coming back to study?
I've certainly started falling in love with the real field of Public Relations and I'm definitely sure it's what I want to do. What about you?
-fatiha@fate-
Hey,2010 hello.Happy new year.Well, it seems we are in the same boat, same here! I want to stick to Public Relations field, it is amazing, more so that i am working with lively people.I love it, I'm happy that you are enjoying too.
I don't want to come back,I am enjoying, but then i miss class and want to get my degree and graduate with you. I am coming back obvious. Please do stick to Public relations field, PR needs you. At least you know how to work with Journalists.
Stay blessed and enjoy yourself as you bring change to that organization
Linchwe
Hey tefo
Wow,you are working in a very difficult field(waste management & pollution),especially being in botswana.
Batswana, in botswana, have this tendency to be very negligent when it comes to the environment, it is going to be quite a mission, which im sure you are ready and very well prepared to tackle, as i know you!
im not sure if its awareness of the importance of conserving the environment that lacks with batswana, or just plain laziness to throw trash in the bin.
whatever the case,good luck tefo,i would love to brain storm ideas with you on this,if you'd like an extra brain cell, Lol.
-tumelo tafila-
HEY TEFO
..Waste management and pollution>...'wow"....at least its not quit difficult as we might think,especially with Mr Tefo Linchwe-the Pr Practitioner...I think you are enoying your moments Mr Linchwe especially as you have bin moving from one company to another...such an experience....Well all I can say is that even though Batswana are tough/ignorant sometimes,they are given messages,events and campaigns are done,and it up to an individual to stand up and say,i care about my environment.....Sum1 mentions the world cup towards environment,well,I can only say Batswana should stand up for their country looking at the fact that the wold cup will be hosted just next door...
Public Relations and the working environment,quit intersting,i wish i cud stay here forver and 4get about mi degree..I wanna make some changes in my country,especially looking at the fact that some comapnies here,dont practice pr,they emply people who dnt have any idea of public relations
Mr Linchwe lets stand up and make change in our counter
Gud luck man,and miss so so much
A good field Tefo,indeed your steps are bold.its amazing that you are working on the world cup it is a very big event and i gues it takes hard work to do it.I want to believe that our group is going to make a big change in Botswana with the rich brains we have obtained from curtin and limkokwing.
i like the fact that you are working on the environment and creating awareness it shows prosperity.
Continue with your hard work.
Thato
LUCT
Hey tefo
Wow,you are working in a very difficult field(waste management & pollution),especially being in botswana.
Batswana, in botswana, have this tendency to be very negligent when it comes to the environment, it is going to be quite a mission, which im sure you are ready and very well prepared to tackle, as i know you!
im not sure if its awareness of the importance of conserving the environment that lacks with batswana, or just plain laziness to throw trash in the bin.
whatever the case,good luck tefo,i would love to brain storm ideas with you on this,if you'd like an extra brain cell.
-tumelo tafila-
Post a Comment