Last week I finished my internship and I just want to appreciate what I have been going through in my two months. I have experienced good things that I have never before since it was my first time getting into a working field, although the company was dealing much with marketing. I still appreciate the fact that it had given me a little light if not much, on the roles and requirements of a good pr practitioner. I have been attending the events, going on field with my working colleagues and witness some TV commercials, doing research on the clients and going out on product promotions and campaign whereby I met individuals and heard their opinions on the company products and the competition we hosted throughout the campaign. I have learned the importance of pr on a marketing department because marketing deals much with clients and customers; therefore as pr is concerned the company needs to have a strong public relations corporate responsibility due to the fact that it deals with the community. This is why most of the time our co-workers were reminding us time to time that we should have a strong influence especially during our discussions since we understand and learned pr at school, and they were rite because whatever you learn has to be put into practice. I have also realized that as a company, obtaining a good relationship with the press is crucial since one of the pr roles is to maintain a good flow of information internally and externally within the company.
regards
chis;;
2 comments:
Hey Lebogang
A good day to you. Having a little knowldge or acquiring little skill is better than nothing. Its good that you have something that you can show and do when given time and chance or when exposed to the working field out. I believe as you said you have acquired PR practitioner requirements and you have been able to grasp the little that was exposed to you during your internship. What we learn in class is more into Theory and what we do in the field is practical and when combine them together you become a perfect PR practitioner who can do hiS or her work with little supervision and I think you are that one particular individual who has discovered his grounds in PR.
Communication with the community is a huge accomplishment, a PR Practitioner cannot go into the field and miss the part of communicating with the subordinates or even the community at large,(internal and external communication) that is the main thing that I want to achieve. Discussions also gives you confidence to face people out there and talk to them about your experience and what and how you can help them.
I guess you had a good time at your respective place of training and you have learnt a lot.
Good luck on your report writing.
Hey Lebo...
I think though we were supposed to be posted under PR departments, sometimes it is a good thing to experience related fields as well. Right now i believe you have acquired crucial skills of relating PR and marketing something most of us do not know.
I have been fully exposed to PR myself but i still feel what i learnt is not enough, um just grateful all the practical exposure opened my mind in an intellectual manner that for this coming semester theory won’t be much of a problem because we now know what's PR is about.
All the best hey.....
Post a Comment