Monday, February 15, 2010

My daily activities

There's a confession I have to make. During my internship, I didn't really in touch blogging. It's a sin right. lol and now my internship's done. However I still remember what I did during the internship. To be honest, my internship was so much fun, I was so busy until I almost forgot that I have a life with my family here. :)

As I mentioned on my last blog, I got my placement at Poste Kitchen+Bar, is a fine dining restaurant in Jakarta, Indonesia. It has been a big challenge for me to do internship there, because this restaurant is kind of new and they didn't have a PR division before, but they do have Marketing division which I believe it has different tasks and objectives.

At first, it was really hard for me to do the PR program as they never had a PR Program, maybe that's why this place was so quiet and most of the weekdays no customers came. Then, I did evaluation on what went wrong by doing focus group from each department, like Accounting department, Marketing department, Kitchen department and also the Server itself.

As a result, I found that there's a problem within Poste's internal relationship. From my own guide book, if a company has an internal issue, it is a huge problem. Because how does a company can serve the customer if the employee doesn't feel good working in that company. So, for me, it had to be maintained.

I talked to the owner, her name is Justina Setiawan about what I got from my evaluation. The next day, we had a meeting with the head of each departments. And with my manner and not mentoring them on what they had been missing, I was just giving them papers as a result from the survey I gave to each department, I did this with the intention to make my opinion become more effective and reliable. For the information, they never did the brainstorming before, so I think that was the first time they have the time to speak out their opinion.

The second week of my internship, the owner promoted me to be a PR Manager at Poste, even though I was working for only 2 months there. I was so happy with my promotion, however I realized that my responsibility became bigger than before. Moreover I worked alone as a PR person there, that's why this internship has became a challenge for me and has opened my eyes that working in a real world is not easy.

I came up with a PR strategy plan that I made based on what I've learned in my PR class, then I gave it to Justina, the owner. She liked it. And after that, I distributed to all department.

to be continued....

No comments: