I have served my 7 weeks as a public relations officer and I have enjoyed my stay in Botswana railways. I have gone through Media relations, media monitoring, writing and newsletters and memos, event management and other office work tasks, however I still think my organization should take their public relations to the next level to put the organizations image in a good stead, because I believe that the good the public relations the better the image of the organization. I would like to stress that after working as a PRO I have learnt a lot from the organization and consider public relations as a professional career that needs a hard working person who is determined with good communication skills.
In terms of writing memos, newsletters and just writing in general, you have to be patient enough to come up with the perfect and I have just done that with the help of reading newspapers to improve my grammar because we receive almost all newspapers in Botswana in the public relations office. I have been working on the safety campaign which serves a purpose of sensetising the public about railway accidents and incidents and I feel unlucky to leave it on the way, however I have used my skills and came up with ways in which the campaign could be made effective and I believe my ideas will work out good.
What I have observed is that public relations is still growing in Botswana as a large although they are trying so hard to have it as the representation of the organization still recommend that my organization of internship should invest in public relations to provide the organization with a credible image .I thank my colleague for the her cooperation in our team work and even her patience in teaching me public relations work.
My industrial practice has exposed me to my career and I believe things will be easier for me after I graduate.
Work hard interns
Thato Letsatle
LUCT
1 comment:
Hey Thato
Its nice to hear that this is your last day of intenship,me two.The good part of it is that now am enjoying my work and I feel like not going to work.I agree with you on that one,many organisation in Botswana should take their p.r to the next level because seriously speaking the public relations is not the same we are taught in class.I mean its weird when you realise that only one person in a big company is doing all the p.r work and you tend to imagine what in the world is that company heading to.But the good part is we as interns has experienced a lot and by so doing exposed to the working environment.
Good luck my dear and hope you had enjoyed your time with Botswana Railways
All the best
Esther Amogelang
Post a Comment