A pitch document is a short letter which is normally used to accompany press release or press kits. It’s just tremendous the way I am learning in PDQ, for a pitch manuscript to be fascinating it should have an appealing story angle. I was given a task on writing a pitch document for Client X which when dispensed to me I was like I will give it an endeavor before I even ask on how to do it. I wrote it unaided and emailed it to my supervisor who went through it only to find trivial errors, I was so delighted to get the congratulation remarks.
In many occurrences we get to disregard inconsequential steps on writing some documents but when you memorize them wedged into the brain eternally. The other thing that I have done during the course of the week is being part of the brainstorming for the Strategies, how to build a relationship between media, corporate segments and media involved for Client W. Saying whatever you think might be advantageous to the team is brilliant because they get to correct you whenever you are erroneous. We brainstormed this because Client W is a new client for the company so we were asked to help with new ideas. Before that we had another brainstorming for Client Z which included coming up with taglines for their products for Valentine’s day and also for Chinese New year which was more interesting, mind that I am not familiar with Chinese language nor my colleagues are, but we came up with a suggestion of spicing up with the Chinese tagline which was more attention-grabbing.
Having knowledge about local (Malaysia) newspapers is more advanced because you will not get jammed on the way asking yourself which magazine to use for that certain client. Apart from Chinese and Malaysian newspapers, I read English newspapers and I am now familiar with most of them and their contents.
Luncheon is one of the events to attract media, we had one on Wednesday for Client F and the main purpose of the luncheon was to build a relationship with the media and Client F. The preparations were done before I even came to the company but I was able to get what the luncheon was all about.
I still believe that for someone to learn more, he or she should communicate with the superiors or the superintendent and when given work firstly give it a try before you can even ask for help in that way you will have two documents in hand the first try and the finalized one after discussion. You have a probability of viewing them whenever given something linked or parallel to that.
I think I have improved my writing skills if you can view my first post and compare it with this one, it really shows the difference and I am proud to say I am almost there, the journey is still on.
2 comments:
Hi Tiny
I do agree that writing skills improved as time goes by, especially when you are being ask to draft pitches. Taking initatives to communicate with the superiors are bound to showed that you are really interested in your work and is keen learn more new things.
Do update us more on your journey
Hope you are enjoying your Internship placement!!
Enjoy
Cheers,
Cinthia
Hi Cinthia
Thank you very much for your comment.You will be suprised when I tell you that I had no idea whether a pitch is written as a letter or just a document. I tried it first as a letter but I was told that its a way of writing a pitch document and thats the way its wanted. The thing I like about PDQ is that when I have done my work my supervisors have time to discuss and tell me my mistakes and how to improve on that.
I am so lucky to be here with PDQ and Cinthia I am enjoying as well as learning. I will keep on updating you.
Thank you and all the best.
Post a Comment