Friday, February 5, 2010

Thank God I kept ALL my notes and assignments!

Hello!
I’ve started working on my PR Strategy Plan and I didn’t know where to start at first because to be honest, I forgotten how to plan one! Boy, am I glad to have kept all my notes and assignments because they’ve really helped me, even the notes about the dos and don’ts of PR were useful. Phew!

The progress of the plan is slightly behind dateline which I have given myself and this is probably due to my lack of knowledge in the field of properties and my boss have been busy travelling so some work had to be put on hold. While waiting, I have been emerging myself with reading different newspapers aside from the Straits Times, for example The Business Times, The Edge and online Singapore property website to gain more insights about the current market conditions. I’ve learned that it is really important to be updated with the latest news because it will affect the slightest decision a property developer makes for their project. For example, the Singapore Government has plans to change some of the property development policies and if developers are not aware of the changes, they may face possible losses and even opportunities to expand their businesses.

I’ve learned that writing a PR Strategy plan for school assignment seems easier because the main aim is just to score well but writing a plan for a real company is truly challenging and definitely increased pressure on the job because we are compelled to ensure it works!

Fortunately, with guidance from my local lecturer, Robert Conceicao, I managed to work out the PR plan and am sure the end product would be good (keeping my fingers crossed!).

It’s coming close to the end of my internship and again I am in a crossroad of making career decisions. Oh well, I’ll have to decide really soon!

Regards,
Sook Wei
Curtin Singapore

1 comment:

Yiwen said...

I understand how you're feeling! I faced similar problems doing real PR as compared to class assignments.

Deadlines can be a little hard to follow due to running schedules. Nevertheless, have fun and hope you'll be able to complete your targeted tasks!

Regards,
Yiwen