Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Being presentable in a public relation field

Good Morning
One thing that surprises me  was the fact that you have to look good,presentable when in a p.r field.Such things like nose,tongue piercings,too much make- up,fancy clothing dont really work.But in most cases it depend on which company you are working for ,especially for private company those doesnt matter.
My first assignment was to attend a conference at Sebele-Veterinary,something to do with agricultures.To my surprise there were a lot of business people,all in suits,and briefcase and before the meeting started everyone was suppose to introduce himself by the name and the company.
I was so scared not knowing what to say,but since I was told the day before I was looking presentable and having a file,a notebook and a pen.
I stand up say my name and were I come from and to my surprise everyone was happy at me during the group discussion we had at the conference.
They did not belive that I was an intern because of the confidence I had,making suggestions,recommendations.
 What I have realized is that when dealing with your clients you have to look presentable at all the time,in that way you are making them believe in you
My advice to other interns is make sure that you wear something that represent not only you but the school.Remember you are represeting Limkokwing at the company you are working for.
Its better you start wearing something that will grant you a space in future than look fancy for a little time and stay unemployed for the rest of your life.
All the best
Esther Amogelang
L.U.C.T

No comments: