How fast time flies! The nervous pangs I felt on the first day of work are still fresh in my mind - its hard to believe I've been here for three months already. "You've survived DDB PR!" a colleague exclaimed on my last day, and I couldn't help but smile.
It certainly has been a thrilling experience. I learned a lot, met new people, expanded my network, and picked up countless valuable skills for work and life. I've written speeches, press releases, and media invitations; called the media on countless occasions; and also discussed business strategies with clients.
Most importantly, I was able to observe how PR made a real difference to our clients' businesses. While classes and assignments can be fun, there's nothing quite like the tangible satisfaction of pulling together an event or knowing you had a part to play in that cover story about your client.
Towards the end of my internship (and I'm sure it happened to you, too!), my colleagues asked me what I would like to do in the future, and if I was keen to join the PR industry full-time. "I'm not sure" was usually my reply. I have a year till I graduate and will fully utilize this time to weigh up possible career options.
Nevertheless, I have gained much valuable insight into the working world and, hopefully, thicker skin from all the media calls! I would to thank my colleagues at DDB PR for the awesome time and immense patience they showed to me. Having said that, I would like also to thank our lecturers at Limkokwing University, without whom we wouldn't have the necessary skills to do our jobs in the first place.
I wish all the interns here the best in everything you do. If I may offer one piece of advice, it would be to always keep an open mind - a good attitude is the first step to success.
Signing off for the last time,
John.
No comments:
Post a Comment