My last day was today. It was a pretty quiet day as my boss wasn’t in the office, so I just had to finish the tasks he gave me and that was it. Looking back at my 20 days, I’ve got to admit, it wasn’t exactly what I expected. I’ve definitely learnt a lot about PR and working in an office. Some days were full-on and there was a lot for me to do. Other days were slower and I could just do my tasks at my own pace.
I’ve learnt a lot about social media during my last few days at my internship. I was given a few tasks to do with it. The first was writing up a ‘how to’ list concerning Twitter. This will be circulated around the office to teach staff how to use it properly. I also wrote about the benefits of it. One of my Boss’s colleagues needed a few lessons on updating her Twitter from her i-phone so I helped her with that. I then did a similar document regarding other social networking sites. What amazed me was how little people know about social media. Most didn’t even realize it could be used in a corporate environment. This made me realize how much is still to be learnt in the corporate world regarding social media. I found this article quite interesting concerning this topic. http://www.fiercecio.com/story/feds-push-social-media-should-you/2010-04-10
I hope all your internships are going well. I know I’ve really enjoyed mine and have definitely learnt a lot. My boss told me today that I have been a massive help to him and that he really appreciates the time and effort I’ve put in. That made me smile:)
No comments:
Post a Comment