Saturday, April 3, 2010

Published!

The past few weeks at Christ Church Grammar School have gotten very exciting as I have been asked to write articles following up on different things that have been happening at the school. I was so happy and proud to see my articles published on the school website. I also took and chose a selection of photo's to accompany the stories. 

The first story I got published was when High- Profile Psychologist Dr Michael Carr-Gregg visited CCGS to talk to the boys and give them advice and tips on different study techniques and healthy habits. Here is the link http://www.ccgs.wa.edu.au/school-community/parent-groups/parents-association/students-learn-healthy-habits-for-study/

My second story was a follow up to a Heritage Walk that took place at the school as part of the Centenary celebrations. There are four scheduled walks throughout the year so I wrote a story about the first to recall what a success it was, however, also promoting the next three to ensure the school community are familiar with the walk and encourage them to secure a place. Here is the link http://www.ccgs.wa.edu.au/about-us/our-heritage/centenary/walk-through-100-years-of-christ-church/

Finally, the third story was about a ceremony held at St George's Cathedral to light a torch that will be kept at the school. CCGS had a torch that is very symbolic to the school made and designed. The ceremony marked the initial lighting of it. This story told the importance if the ceremony and the torch and promoted the Celebration event that took place a short time after. Here is the link http://www.ccgs.wa.edu.au/about-us/our-heritage/centenary/the-torch-of-learning/

I am thoroughly enjoying my professional placement and am looking forward to continuing learning and experiences lots more.

No comments: