Sunday, June 27, 2010

Beautiful Beginnings

hey guys....

wow, my first week was filled with a lot of emotions I guess I was excited and yet again was not so sure what to expect from my work place and wondering just how different is it from going to school. the first day I felt like a working mum with two kids driving a BMW hahaha!! I felt very powerful and big and I guess a lot of you can say amen to that. as days went on I guess I now got the feel that the working industry is not a joke and it does involve hard work and focus. Waking up as early as 6:30 am was not an easy task, i wanted to sleep more and wow the long hours and going home as late as 9pm is not easy but in all these I believe are a beautiful beggining to a new experience of what is going on in this other world.


My work is quite interesting because it is inhouse PR, we work hard to uplift the image of Mantissa College and to make it known around Malaysia and internationally. We sit down and draw proposals to the college on how we intend to create awareness and promote Mantissa College, we work hard on fulfilling those while also monitiring the media on how and what they publish about the company. We have to be updated on the international market and audience all around the world so you get to talk with some of the top professionals and its exciting. In a day I touch almost everything we are taught in PR, We are now preparing for Pitching end of this week to the President of Mantissa on our strategies, tactics and progress of the team.


I guess I am now getting a picture of what I have been learning in PR although I now have to wake up earlier and come home late but its an experince that has introduced me to a whole new chapter of my life and I guess you would agree with me that this is just the beggining.

Much love

Pearl

LUCT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its indeed a beautiful beginnings. From the very start it is awesome and I believe you will adjust to the new working environment. At least you have an internship which will prepare you for the real work world. You know have time to think and balance the work world with your personal life before you are exposed to real work and you will have time to adjust where there is need for improvement in your work life and person life.

Im working in a PR consultancy organisation and wonder how an in house PR is like. What do you prefer(in house PR or PR consultancy)?

How is the feel of monitoring international media?