My second last day before the completion of my internship I was assigned another event. It was an event for our client Intel. I was to assist my senior college Mrs.Jayashree Goswami in arranging a press conference for Mr.Ajay Bhatt, who is an Indian computer architect. He has been instrument that lead to the development of broadly adopted technologies such as USB (Universal Serial Bus), AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port), PCI Express and many more. Ajay Bhatt became a celebrity figure after the 1999 Intel advertisement “Rock Stars of Intel”. The press conference was inform with the media and through them the public on the future technologies that Intel or the team under him in Intel is working on that will be available in the market in near future.
I was in charge of media followups for the invitations that was already disseminated by Mrs.Jayashree. I also had to arrange the cab service for all the journalists who were attending the event. I had to make sure the conference room had enough pens and notepads for all the journalists arriving. I was also in charge arranging refreshments and also escorting the journalists to the conference room in the Intel main office. During the conference I had to help the photographers to take pictures of without causing any disturbance in the conference.
I thoroughly enjoyed all my work for this event especially because I got to meet one of the smartest people on the planet and also because it was Ajay Bhatt I dint have to try hard to convince the journalists to attend the event.
1 comment:
I think you got a really good opportunity of working with this PR firm. looking at your work conducted, it looks like you had a fairly enjoyable time as well. As compared to where i worked, in an organization's PR department i think working in a PR firm involves a larger exposure to the media and there is more freedom in conducting events and carrying out activities from the PR perspective without any hindrances.
Post a Comment