For those who are not familiar with me, I am Tulika Singh, a mass communication, final year student at Curtin University, Sarawak.I hail from the capital city oif India, New delhi.As a Public Relations and professional practice 393 student, I chose to undertake my internship in the corporate communication department of an Oil and gas company, established in India, known as Indian Oil Corporation limited. I was placed under the guidance and vigilance of Ms. Sadhna Khera Mittal, Corporate Communication/PR manager, Marketing division Headquarter, Mumbai for a period of 25 days.
My first few days in the office, at the headquarter in Mumbai was spent in understanding the department and getting to know my colleagues. I went through the company magazines collection from as early as 1965, and did a lot of reading on media material in regards to the company. On my second day itself i assisted Ms. Wilma Fernandes, in corporate communicattion in editing articles for the Company's monthly magazine. I was also asked by my incharge to run through a profile interview of the Chairman of the company- Mr. Sarthak Behuria, for a better understanding of the organization. So my first week in the head office was mostly about reading and reading and more reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment