Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Time is moving fast!!!!

I am 3/4 of my way through my internship at the Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation-time has gone by so fast its unbelievable! Since Uni commences in two weeks its finally a reality that I am nearly a graduate! Its a scary/exciting time in my life-and i am sure many of you can agree. Last week I compeleted my 10 day intern form that gave me the opportunity to reflect on my time at my organisation. There have been tasks that I have enjoyed more than others but either way I have gained such valueble experience. Kellie my supervisor has been so encouraging of my career aspirations-she has even said she would be a reference and will endorse me to prospective employers. Kellie has also given me some great advice as to finding an appropriate job for me based on my skills and attributes and has deterred me from positions that she believes will not be beneficial or stimulating enough for me. I have been very fortunate at my placement to have someone like Kellie has my supervisor to help guide me into the right career path. Even though i am sad to end my internship I am excited to put into practice some of the skills and knowledge i have gained from my time at the Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation.

2 comments:

Molly Tsima said...

Kellie is a very good supervisor indeed.. I believe you had nice time with them and will be ready to put what you learned from the real work industry into your studies. You are now able to give real strategies to your Public Relations assignments.

Good luck..

Ali Sims said...

Hi,

I am also about to finish my internship with gtmedia. I have learnt a lot throughout the duration of my internship and similar to you I was lucky enough to have some really great guidance. I have found that just by completing my work experience at gtmedia, I have gained valuable skills, contacts and references for the future.

I now understand how vital it is to take note of contact details in case they may be helpful later on down the track. I have heard a lot of the time the best jobs are gained through contacts and timing. I am also a little intimidated about what to do when uni is over. I have applied for several jobs over seek and sent out my resume to different companies I would like to work for. I’m not sure if you have considered this but I have also been to a recruitment agency. They had an interview with me where I discussed what I would like to work toward for my career. I was also tested to see what level computer skills I had in regard to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and data entry. This was great because now I can add the results to my resume.

Other than that I spend every day looking on seek and sending out my resume with a cover letter.

Good luck with the job hunting when you finish!

Ali