This is my final day at Raw Fashion Agency, also my last blog post! So what I would like to do is share with you a summary of the work I have completed during my four weeks at Raw.
Everyday:
- General Housekeeping (I know, I know... who likes doing that! But as an intern, you have to start somewhere and one day we will earn the right to palm those jobs off to someone else)
- Keeping track of clothing that is currently out at publications and calling for outstanding returns
- Recieving briefs from stylists (freelance and publication's) and putting together products to send out to them (usually with a one day deadline!)
Ongoing Projects:
- Creating databases of retail shops and publications for an event Raw Fashion is doing PR for
- Researching emerging Australian based designers to possibly target for PR clients
- Researching Sydney based blogs
- Creating weekly newsletters which showcase a designer's product for a week and are sent to all of our media contacts
Major Projects:
- Analysing the researched blogs and persuing some that I thought would feature our product
- Re-vamping the current Raw Fashion Agency service pack to be used when presenting to potential clients
Success! Success!
Out of all the work I have done, these following points have come to fruition and I am so proud of what I was able to achieve:
- Coverage of one of our client's on "Mecho" Fashion blog, to view the blog please go to the following page : http://www.mecho.com.au/her/women-fashion-clothing/halsinky-sisters-winter-2010-tour-de-force-headpieces/. Also, the designers agreed to do a month-long guest blog with the Mecho Team
- Coverage of another client's product on Channel Ten, Yumi Stynes wearing a piece that was requested from the stylist on the CH10 program "The Circle"
- Coverage of a third client's product in Northside magazine (Sydney publication)
- Coverage to be released soon of a client's product in a high fashion shoot for Northside
- Introduction of one new jewellry label to my supervisor's attention to target for their business, of which is almost confirmed


I wish everyone the best for their internships!
Signing off,
xoxo Sydney Girl
1 comment:
Leah this sounds like it has been a fantastic internship, how sad it will be to come home from all the excitement of Sydney! You really got given a lot a responsibility at the agency which is great, so good to see the head management were happy to put so much trust in you!
Fashion is obviously an area many of us girls would love to work in, and you have made it sound like a great place for PR work. Here is hoping they will offer you a graduate position next year, with such a small company it would be a fantastic start to an amazing career!
All the best! Emma.
Post a Comment