Thursday, September 30, 2010

Stories from a cancer centre - 3

So tomorrow is my last day of internship..

I learned a lot for the past 4 weeks but feel it is not enough. I want more! haha

Tomorrow we will have a big event. Featured in Straits Times for 2 days, I am very happy to get so much coverage from the national newspaper!

Awake Your Appetite! Cooking Masterclass featured in ST Wed's picks and ST Thurs' picks.




















Thanks to Chef Janice Wong (2am: dessertbar) and Chef Diego Martinelli (The Lighthouse at The Fullerton Hotel)! :)
They will whip up special dishes for our participants who are cancer patients and caregivers. Delicious + healthy dishes for cancer patients = new reason to enjoy meals and be happy!

Today the contributing chefs for the recipe book are interviewed. They also have photo shot session. They are all very nice chefs! We have fun during the photo shot. I never know doing business can be fun :D

I have more work to do this week since the Cooking Masterclass is tomorrow only and the launch for the recipe book is just in 1 month time.

Some of the works for Cooking Masterclass are: sending media invite for, preparing media kit, liaise with Chef Janice and Chef Diego, check the venue for event, write emcee script (which I enjoy the least!), preparing our CanHope banner to be put at the venue, etc... it's a long list, really..

Whereas for the recipe book, I am in charge of collecting quotes from our doctors, being middle man for the chefs and our senior dietitian for each recipe, and liaise with sponsors.

We still looking for more sponsorship as we want to have more promotional actions, which will boost up the awareness, which will raise the sales of the book, which at the end will be donated to Singapore Cancer Society, which I believe will help more cancer patients in Singapore. Very complicated... Money is always difficult to get...

That's all the summary of my week. Will post another post this weekend after the event and after I am officially out from this great place..

It's getting late and I'm getting mellow.. I feel the sadness just thinking that I must come back to my usual work in the clinic..

Thanks for my 'lao ban' ('boss' in Mandarin) L, the 4J and 2S :)


Cheers
Lena

2 comments:

Samantha Ng, Singapore said...

Hello there, Lena!

I think you have a very interesting placement in a very interesting industry! I attribute it to the fact that there is little association of "healthcare" with corporations, business or communications. Mostly, we just think doctors, nurses and medicine. Now, we know that there is so much more to it than that! Who knew that such events could take place even in the healthcare industry? Well, i wish you all the best for your project. Thanks for the eye-opener!

Cheers!

Lena said...

Thanks for the wishes dear! Same to you too :)

Yes, we can do such event in healthcare too!! But there are still differences in doing PR for healthcare. We must do it in 'softer' approach. Meaning we can't do it solely for the good of the organization. We have a responsibility to give something good for patients in anything we do.