
Recently I have been looking at a number of grants for a client to fund an annual event. I never knew how many grants an organisation/group could apply for and how many different levels there are of funding. I liked doing this because it’s something I have never experienced before. I am working on the Ningaloo Whaleshark Festival for 2011. This is an annual event held in Exmouth and it aims to eventually be an iconic event for Exmouth, Ningaloo and hopefully Western Australia. Organising is already well underway and the festival will be held in late May.
I have also been making and updating databases. This involves ringing appropriate companies, giving some information, asking certain questions and for particular contact details. I found this quite scary at first. I worried that I might make a mistake or ask the wrong thing but I soon got the hang of it and realised that talking to someone I don’t know on other end of the phone line isn’t so scary.
Back in May at the start of my internship I went to Exmouth and while I was there I had some photographs taken of me in and around the resort. These are now being used to promote the resort. Today I found out that they have used some of the photos for the new Scoop Online advertising. These photos have been added to the database of photos that the resort can use for other advertisements, editorial and other needs. I was happy to help.
I like my internship because I always seem to be doing something different most days. I love that because I never know what I am going to be doing next and I feel like I am learning more about the different aspects of Public Relations. I am looking forward to completing another week of my internship.
Good Luck to everyone and I hope everyone is enjoying their internships as much as I am!
1 comment:
Hey Joelle,
I did my internship at a government department that looked after the development of regional WA.
I was really lucky in that I did not have to look into grants. We had a hung trust fund built for regional development known as Royalties for Regions.
Perhaps you should look into contacting the Department for Regional Development land. Although, Ningaloo isn't regional I know Royalties for Regions does provide grants into the well being of WA.
Good luck,
Suesha
Post a Comment