
Hello everyone, how are your internships going? Hope you are having fun. This is my very first post. I am currently doing my internship with Heritage Council of Western Australia working with the Media and Communications team which consists of two staff, a manager and an assistant. I am quite surprised when I first stepped into the building of Heritage Council. I thought I was stepping into those old houses that you can find in horror movies! No doubt it is a heritage building!
On the first day of internship, I was given a tour around the office, introductions, inductions and some reading materials to familiarise myself with the council. Later part of the day, I had a meeting with my manager and Tania, the assistant. They briefed me on my project as well as their expectations on me and the project.
As part of this internship program, I have been assigned on producing a webpage on the HCWA website that provide practical assistance to owners of heritage-listed properties on how to maintain their properties. As this is a brand new project for the council itself, it requires heaps of research. I need to go through all the technical brochures, fact sheets and other published information from our heritage council as well as other government heritage agencies to identify the appropriate information for use on HCWA website. There is no jokes with the amount of information that I need to go through as we tracked down all the publications way back to 1994!
One thing I really like about working with Heritage Council is that we have a media clipping prepared for every staff each day. Assistant of Media and Communications team, Tania goes through all the media channels and compile the related heritage news into media clipping and have it send to us. I think this is extremely helpful as it provides us with the latest updates and insight into situations without us going through all the news ourselves.
I am getting to see the importance of this unit. By having us working with firm where everything is so real and professional, it forces one to grow and maximise our potentials. I am making most of my internship hoping that this would train me to be a professional PR.
That's all from me for now. I look forward to continuing my internship. All the very best to you all!
Janica
No comments:
Post a Comment