Hi everyone, I realize that everyone is already talking about the end of their internship these last two week but I am just going to start with my first. The reason for this is because I have been working from home this past month and I wanted to update everyone when I was towards the end so it may seem more informative.
On the 20th of September, my internship journey here in Australia began. I was offered a spot in the South Perth Learning Centre and I went to meet with the person in charge Ms.Veronica Lawrance. We met at the centre after lunch and she was a gem of person. We sat down and had a discussion about what task I was going to be assigned with. Veronica was nice enough to provide me with several options.
The first lesson I learned with this was decision making. I had to take all the options given and figure out which one I was the most interested in. I was given a choice between conducting surveys with the existing members of the centre, sorting the membership list and then coming up with a marketing strategy or helping out with the launch of the centre’s new building in December.
When I got home, I started to think about my options and came up with a plan of how I was going to choose which option I wanted. I had started doing research on Microsoft Access as this is the programme that was used in the date entry. I also thought about questions I could ask for the survey and thought about what I could do during the launch. I was leaning a lot towards the launch event as I am very interested in event management.
At the end of the week, I got an e-mail from Veronica saying she might have something else for me and it was a milestone celebration before they move to the new building. Once i got the e-mail i knew that was what I wanted to do. I responded immediately and told Veronica I am up for it.
The second lesson I learned here was time management. I had to manage my time well to get what I was assigned to do on time as the event was arranged to be held within the next 3 – 4 weeks.
Veronica had then called me up and we arranged to meet up the next Tuesday to discuss more detailed about my tasks and the event. I will be sharing more about what happened then in my next blog. I hope you guys had fun reading cause I have been having fun writing and sharing my experience with you.
Cheers!
1 comment:
Hey Karmini,
I know how it feels to work from home I've been doing that for the past couple of weeks but now I'm back in the office so its very interesting when your used to having to manage your own time to having it kind of managed for you once you are in the office.
Its good to hear that you taught yourself time management, there are some places where it is so free that you forget about what you're meant to be doing and it destroys your plans.
Cant wait for your next post
Kim
Post a Comment