Hi all,
So the last time I posted was just after the 'Extraodinary Taxi Ride' launch. So I was thinking that after the the ETR launch took place the PR team would be more relaxed and have a little less on our plate. How I was wrong, but glad the excitement and hype in the office hadn't come to and end. Any launch that has used PR to gain exposure and awareness is going to attract a wide range of media enquries. This benefits Tourism WA as gaining media interest means that the launch and campaign has been executed effectively. As the Extraordinary taxi ride journey had commenced my main task was to find any media interest stories on the internet and then add to a media database. This seems like a an unthrilling task but it is an effective task as it would be used to measure how effective the campaign was during evaluating the Extraordinary taxi ride campaign.
As the Extraordinary taxi ride journey, consisted of 11 legs around WA it was also one of my responsibilities to work through itineray highlights of the journey for the West Australian. The West Australian was doing a feature on the Extraodinary taxi ride journey and this was a great opportunity to deliver the key message of the Experience Extraordinary brand, which is to 'experience extraordinary in WA.'
Another task that I had to complete, was to follow the journey and capture any regional media interest on the campaign and add to a database. This was interesting to see how from one media release with information on the jouney is used in most of the media, including interstate and overseas. When I was searching for new stories on the ETR campaign I came across identical news stories numerous times and it really emphasieed how important a media release is when communicating information to publics, in particular the media!
Ann-Marie M
No comments:
Post a Comment