Sunday, October 31, 2010

Children Cancer Unit: In process

Hello people!

The company I have been doing my placement in (Sun Resorts Ltd) has been and still is working on a big project and the end result is to come very soon by mid or end of November.

Sun Resorts has completely sponsored the renovation of a cancer ward for children at the Victoria Hospital in Mauritius. The ward is equipped with the latest material, furniture and equipment to make the children feel they are in a comfortable place rather than in a hospital.

I have been assisting and contributing to the project during my days spent at Sun Resorts and it was a really good experience.
It is surprising how much Sun Resorts has invested into the realization of this ward. The site is still in process, and the official opening of the ward is set for November.

Nevertheless, the whole team has been doing a great work for its realization and trust me, it's really incredible the work they did.
My role into this project was to propose ideas which would make the ward more modern and give opinions on how to make things look better and how I think the children would think about it.

I have been assisting several meetings at the ward, along with my supervisor while having brainstorming meetings to discuss the overall realization of the ward.
I was also asked to propose new ideas and to analyze how the company is actively getting involved into a major CSR program.
It was really fun and I am happy that I have been able to contribute to such a CSR activity since it will not only serve me as experience but it will also give a smile to those needy children who have a short lifetime span.


Cheers,

Urvi

1 comment:

DK said...

Hi Urvi,

That sounds like a really meaningful prac! A lot of responsibility to be creative to ensure that the new renovated ward is modern and a good environment for the patients! I suppose PR and interior design could go hand in hand :) Like i've said before, creativity is the key to good PR and ensuring the the target publics are content/happy with the work your doing - you've nailed it! Sounds like a really interesting prac - keep up the good efforts!