Hi Everyone,
It's my last day at my work placement, but I'm coming back for one more day as one of the meetings that was supposed to take place this week has be rescheduled for next week. I have really grown to love this place and it is very sad to say goodbye to everyone. Although a part of me is glad because now I get to do more hours at my paid work and save up for a well deserved holiday at the end of the year :D
Where can I begin to tell everyone how much I have learnt here in just 20 days. I started with nervous phone calls to stakeholders and soon I was writing confident e-mails to members of various shires. I have been taught how to build and maintain a good stakeholder relationship and by the end of my report for RDL I was confident enough to even make suggestions and recommendations on stakeholder management. I was taught about how budget works in RDL and the lands division, which was extremely interesting and I'm sure I can apply some of that knowledge to work places in the future. I have a better understanding about government jobs and what they require. I also fully understand how the Lands Division works and what is meant by State Land, Pastoral Land and Crown Land. Most of all I learnt a lot about pipelines, almost to a degree where I think I'm halfway to being qualified as an engineer of some sort.
As RDL is a new government department they are still at the early stages trying to understand if their regulations implemented are functioning effectively. I really felt that my input of various community surveys and meetings with the communication department, resulting in a report was indeed helpful and significant. Almost all of my suggestions I made in the report has been approved by my manager and soon I will see my ideas come to life. All of this achieved in just 20 days!
As technically my last day my wonderful manager is taking me out to lunch in Swan Valley. Work experience has been nothing like I expected…I’m not totally sure what I expected, but it has exceeded my expectations and I do feel ready to work in PR at an entry level.
Goodbye fellow bloggers,
Suesha :)
P.S – for anyone who is reading this and willing to help me out; How can I find the comments I have made on other peoples blogs so I can print and compile it for the final report?
3 comments:
Suesha, it sounds like you had a really great time during work experience. It's fantastic to see how your ideas and concepts have been valued by staff members and have made a real difference into the workplace.
I too found it nerve racking at the start to ring various stakeholders, but its amazing how confident you become after you master the phone and learn the ropes!!
At my internship, I also learnt the importance of stakeholder relationships, I never realised exactly HOW important it is. Now it seems like common sense, but I guess that’s the beauty of going out into the work force...you learn so much so quickly!
In relation to your question; if you scroll down to the bottom of the blog page, you will see a link 'more posts' if you click that, you see previous posts, so keep clicking until you find yours. I had the same problem!
Sorry! The link says 'Older Posts'
Post a Comment