Hey everyone,
This is my last blog post, as my last day at the PMH Foundation was last Friday. The last seven weeks have raced past me, and I can not believe that it is all finished. I am extremely sad to leave the PMH Foundation, but so grateful for everything that I learned and gained during my time there.
The past couple of weeks have been very busy in the lead up to the John Hughes Big Walk, which took place on Sunday morning at Burswood Park. The event was once again a massive success. Over 4,500 people registered to participant in the walk, with people entering for all different kinds of reasons, which is an increase from previous years.
The grand prize, which was drawn out of a barrel on stage by John Hughes was a Hyundai Getz, secondary prizes were Caltex gift vouchers and Sports Fever vouchers and apparel. There was also a prize to who ever entered the largest team, which was granted to a team with over 250 members.
On the day, I was given the job of escorting Stitches the PMH Foundation mascot around, making sure he was in the right place at the right time for photo opportunities and such. I was overly happy that I did not have to wear the mascot costume this time, as it was pretty hot yesterday. Other small jobs that I helped out with were simple things, like helping set up signage which I had organised during the week previous, and helping pack up once it was all over.
Once again, the most valuable lesson I learned in the preparation and execution of these large scale events is time management and organization. You can never be too organized when it comes to these sort of things. The team leader for the Big Walk, Cara, was busy sorting things right down to the last minute. She had meetings with all staff members and had typed up run sheets for the day so everyone knew exactly what they had to do. This type of preparation enabled the event to run as smoothly as possible.
Throughout my placement I believe I have learned as number of important skills needed for work in the big world. You must be as professional as possible, and treat everyone with respect. Also use your initiative, it impresses people when you don't need to be told something, or have already completed a task. And be grateful and thankful.
I am grateful to everyone at the PMH Foundation and thank them for all their help. I am really going to miss working there.
Good luck to you all with everything,
Simone
This is my last blog post, as my last day at the PMH Foundation was last Friday. The last seven weeks have raced past me, and I can not believe that it is all finished. I am extremely sad to leave the PMH Foundation, but so grateful for everything that I learned and gained during my time there.
The past couple of weeks have been very busy in the lead up to the John Hughes Big Walk, which took place on Sunday morning at Burswood Park. The event was once again a massive success. Over 4,500 people registered to participant in the walk, with people entering for all different kinds of reasons, which is an increase from previous years.
The grand prize, which was drawn out of a barrel on stage by John Hughes was a Hyundai Getz, secondary prizes were Caltex gift vouchers and Sports Fever vouchers and apparel. There was also a prize to who ever entered the largest team, which was granted to a team with over 250 members.
On the day, I was given the job of escorting Stitches the PMH Foundation mascot around, making sure he was in the right place at the right time for photo opportunities and such. I was overly happy that I did not have to wear the mascot costume this time, as it was pretty hot yesterday. Other small jobs that I helped out with were simple things, like helping set up signage which I had organised during the week previous, and helping pack up once it was all over.
Once again, the most valuable lesson I learned in the preparation and execution of these large scale events is time management and organization. You can never be too organized when it comes to these sort of things. The team leader for the Big Walk, Cara, was busy sorting things right down to the last minute. She had meetings with all staff members and had typed up run sheets for the day so everyone knew exactly what they had to do. This type of preparation enabled the event to run as smoothly as possible.
Throughout my placement I believe I have learned as number of important skills needed for work in the big world. You must be as professional as possible, and treat everyone with respect. Also use your initiative, it impresses people when you don't need to be told something, or have already completed a task. And be grateful and thankful.
I am grateful to everyone at the PMH Foundation and thank them for all their help. I am really going to miss working there.
Good luck to you all with everything,
Simone
No comments:
Post a Comment