Hey everyone,
This is my final blog... I have now finished my internship at the Department of Education and can honestly reflect on my time there as being the most amazing educational experience I’ve ever had. I want to acknowledge the time and effort of every person within CCM and thank them for their never-ending help and assistance. It was so lovely to be given the opportunity to see how a group of people can be so good at what they do and enjoy coming to work every day. Each day was different for me and has been exciting right up to the end.
This internship has given me a huge insight into working for a W.A. Government Department and helped my professional development. To reflect back on the work I did, I am hugely grateful for the responsibility I was given and the faith that the CCM team had in me to be able to do it! I never would have thought I could write feature stories for their School Matters magazine, let alone write a Ministerial Statement for the Education Minister Dr Liz Constable herself!
The tasks I enjoyed the most were seeing projects through to the end, for example my work with Independent Public Schools. I enjoyed working closely with the Media unit and following up proactive media stories. It was also exciting to take a more journalist role as I contributed to their magazine, their online news site ‘Ed-e-News’ and the Parent Newsletter. And while I enjoyed always being in the East Perth office, it was great to be invited to events and launches and liaise with other Government representatives.
I'm already missing working with the CCM team but look forward to graduating and my next PR adventure :) I hope this post sees everyone welll and they have enjoyed their internship too.
Rebecca Fraurud
1 comment:
Hi Bec,
So glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your placement. It sounds as though you were given many opportunities to build upon your writing skills which will prove immensely helpful when applying for jobs after graduation.
I can also relate to taking a somewhat journalistic approach to some of the work that I carried out at the City of Swan; the rewarding feeling that you get once what you have written is published is unreal. It will be great when the day comes that our names are actually placed at the bottom of such stories.
I have to say I agree with your statement about your favourite experience being to see projects through until the end. Seeing an idea form at a meeting and watching it develop and helping to make that happen is something I thoroughly enjoyed. Personally I am interested to follow up the results of our new look month long Spring in the Valley festival even though my placement has finished. I am intrigued to find out if the goals set down at the start were successfully achieved through the restructure.
I would like to wish you all the very best for your future career goals Bec as I am sure you will go far.
Good luck with your final exams!
Much love,
Teale :)
Post a Comment