I was ecstatic that my company, Citigate Dewe Rogerson, was the consultancy that launched the much talked about IPO and that I got to be a part of it. I participated in the co-ordination of the launch through sorting out media clippings that were relevant to GLP's IPO launch and arranging them according to chronological order. It might seem like a menial task to most people, but from my point of view, it was very exciting to become a part of the planning process to an IPO launch that would make financial history in Singapore.
At the IPO Launch Analysts Conference which was held at The Conrad one day after the listing, I was responsible for receiving guests, getting their name cards and registering them for the conference, many of whom were remisiers and brokers. The conference kit and GLP prospectus also had to be given to them before they sat in for the event.
It would be an understatement to say that this was a good learning opportunity as I learnt so much through being a part of this event. As a representation of my company, I knew that it was important to remain and appear professional and be able multi-task effectively during the hectic period of registration. I had also observed how my colleagues effectively handled situations that came about unexpectedly.
There is neither a template of answers for how to solve specific problems in PR as situations can vary greatly, nor is there a book of steps you can follow to survive in the crazy, but fun world of PR. I believe that it is only through the deep desire and sincerity to learn and try, that one can really excel in the world of PR.
1 comment:
Hey Stephanie!
Glad to know that you're enjoying your internship! Thank you for sharing what it is like to participate in the launch because I haven't had the opportunity to experience one yet (hopefully in the near future though)! In my opinion, sorting media clippings isn't menial. In fact, that is important because you've helped to get things in order and paint a clearer picture for your colleagues and client!
Post a Comment