Hi All,
Well I have completed my 20 days of my internship and it has been a great experience but thankfully one that is not ending quite yet. I am staying on just doing one day a week until the end of the semester just to finalise some of the items on my project. For those who have been regularly reading my blog the last thing I was working on was a strategy proposal to have my fact sheet project approved and put into place on the Department website and through various other communication channels.
There has not been much going on work wise as I have all but finished my fact sheets project. I have been working hard on getting all the Fact Sheets to the standard which my supervisor would like. As is the case with most things in the Government there is a set way of doing things and certain ways information should be presented. Also so that the readers of the fact sheets have some feel for the importance of each fact sheet we have numbered each one in accordance with its level of importance to the Departments goals and strategic plan.
I suppose now is the time for some reflection on what I have learnt and how I have enjoyed my experience. Working on a big project has allowed me to realty work through a PR project from the original briefing stage right through to the stage I am at now with final editing and also approval. I think working in the government has been an interesting experience it has been exciting (I know you wouldn’t guess it but it has been) and although there are a whole range of guidelines they are not hard to understand and to follow.
One of my most enjoyable experiences was working at the WA Training awards and seeing how a large scale event can run so smoothly and really be a great success. I have learnt about how to approach a problem and how asking for help and asking questions is the best way. Another key lesson is if you don’t try it you won’t know if you have done it right this was the case with my strategy document the only way I would know if what I had done was right was to do it show it to my supervisor.
Although my time is almost a close the most important and exciting part of my internship is still to come on the 12th of November my strategy documents and Fact Sheets will be presented to the Corporate Executive meeting for approval and then implementation on the Department website and some of the other channels I have recommended.
I hope that everyone else has enjoyed their placements and will get a chance to see some of your work published if you haven’t had that success just yet.
Signing of as I signed on
David Thatcher
Content Government Intern
1 comment:
Great work BigRed,
I'll be interested to hear what happens with your strategy and fact sheets on the 12th.
hopefully you'll get plenty of positive and constructive feedback and, well, hopefully they get put on the website.
Not long to go now, couple of weeks and we're done, still plenty of work to be done though.
Goodluck with the report.
Cheers,
Issa.
Post a Comment