I thought it was about time for another update!
I still can’t believe how quickly time passes you by in your final semester of university, so many things to do and things that you want to be involved in that it seems one week just rolls straight into the next!
Well I have now finished my placement at the City of Swan, something that has left a huge hole in place of what was becoming such an enjoyable Wednesday tradition. There is one thing that I do have to share with everyone, if your placement doesn’t have media monitor then I highly suggest making that a recommendation in your report! I was lucky enough to be in my last couple of days at my placement when the corporate communications department finally released the link for the new media monitor program. With the simple typing in of a few key words suddenly you had hundreds of relevant articles at your finger tips! Made for a much easier process than my previous scouting around for the local papers and trying to guess roughly when an article may be getting published in various media. Media monitor truly is an efficient way of grasping exactly how far your media releases are reaching and to what audience.
In other news, now being the 25th of October, I have to sadly announce that there is only one more week of Spring in the Valley 2010 to go. For those who have managed to venture out to the Swan Valley throughout the month of festivities so far I hope that it was an enjoyable experience. I have to say it has been extremely interesting hearing the feedback from people about the change in structure of the event (much of which has been very positive!). So for those who haven't yet, be sure to make your way out to the valley this weekend (Oct 30 & 31st) to enjoy a pint or two for OAKtoberfest at Feral Brewing! (Prior Bookings Required) It is bound to be a great weekend treat after a long week of work and study!
I was having a bit of reflection time the other day scanning through my computer folder at work and I have to say I was amazed by the amount of work I have actually completed throughout my time at the City of Swan. So many media releases, website write-ups and feature articles for various occasions and the success rate of each one gaining media coverage was quite rewarding. One of the feature articles that I wrote was published in Cravings Magazine this month; I was quite impressed to see the similarities between what I wrote and what was actually published. I have found it to be almost like an unintentional compliment when a journalist finds something that you have written good enough to use word for word in an article for their publication.
The flyer below is the finished product of the promotional material that I helped to design for the up-coming brewery tours early next year. Many flyers were posted out to the corporate market last week as a result of a suggestion that I made at the initial marketing meeting for the Swan Valley Brewers Group.
Well I have now finished my placement at the City of Swan, something that has left a huge hole in place of what was becoming such an enjoyable Wednesday tradition. There is one thing that I do have to share with everyone, if your placement doesn’t have media monitor then I highly suggest making that a recommendation in your report! I was lucky enough to be in my last couple of days at my placement when the corporate communications department finally released the link for the new media monitor program. With the simple typing in of a few key words suddenly you had hundreds of relevant articles at your finger tips! Made for a much easier process than my previous scouting around for the local papers and trying to guess roughly when an article may be getting published in various media. Media monitor truly is an efficient way of grasping exactly how far your media releases are reaching and to what audience.
In other news, now being the 25th of October, I have to sadly announce that there is only one more week of Spring in the Valley 2010 to go. For those who have managed to venture out to the Swan Valley throughout the month of festivities so far I hope that it was an enjoyable experience. I have to say it has been extremely interesting hearing the feedback from people about the change in structure of the event (much of which has been very positive!). So for those who haven't yet, be sure to make your way out to the valley this weekend (Oct 30 & 31st) to enjoy a pint or two for OAKtoberfest at Feral Brewing! (Prior Bookings Required) It is bound to be a great weekend treat after a long week of work and study!
I was having a bit of reflection time the other day scanning through my computer folder at work and I have to say I was amazed by the amount of work I have actually completed throughout my time at the City of Swan. So many media releases, website write-ups and feature articles for various occasions and the success rate of each one gaining media coverage was quite rewarding. One of the feature articles that I wrote was published in Cravings Magazine this month; I was quite impressed to see the similarities between what I wrote and what was actually published. I have found it to be almost like an unintentional compliment when a journalist finds something that you have written good enough to use word for word in an article for their publication.
The flyer below is the finished product of the promotional material that I helped to design for the up-coming brewery tours early next year. Many flyers were posted out to the corporate market last week as a result of a suggestion that I made at the initial marketing meeting for the Swan Valley Brewers Group.

Well sadly that is it for another blog post. Look forward to giving you all a final update on all the happenings of the Swan Valley and Spring in the Valley in my last blog coming soon!
Until then,
Happy Blogging!
Teale
Until then,
Happy Blogging!
Teale
No comments:
Post a Comment