Hey PR 393,
It is the end of my internship and I am taking the opportunity to reflect on some of the task I completed. I don't think that I learnt anything outrageously new, but I am really glad for that. I think that working through my internship has taught me something really valuable, and that is how to practically apply the skills I already had.
At uni, we are taught a lot of different skills and given the opportunity to use them in assignments and class room settings, but that is not the same as the way that they need to be used in a real world environment. This placement has provided me with that step between, the link between how to write academically and how it needs to change to adapt to the needs of the working environment. I think that this was the most valuable thing that my internship could have provided me with.
This skill did not only apply to my writing ability, but also to the way in which I thought about and approached tasks. I was able to see the technical side of a website, an opportunity I may not have been able to access anywhere else. The types of lists needed to complete an event, what goes on it. How to structure a database. How to use feedback to promote an event as well improve it. The application side of the internship is what has made all the difference in my employability, as I can not only say I know how to do something but also show how to complete tasks.
I was able to pick up a lot of new skills about planning and processes and event management and other useful things, but that is the one that topped it off. The application.
Hope everyone enjoyed their placements!
Tonya.
No comments:
Post a Comment