Wednesday, November 3, 2010

articles.media releases. articles. media releases...

Hi everyone,

Recently has been a hectic week for me, so many things falls in this week, too many things to do ,but too little time, I believe everyone is in the same situation as me. My last post is about 'social media is bigger than what you think' and this post is a quick update on my work experience placement at Socialite Media.

Well, my placement in this company is quite different from many other students, this company does not have any events or functions and I spent most of the time in front of the computer; this is because - Socialite Media obviously is about social media and all online basis. Lately, I have been working on media target list, writing articles and media releases for targeted media outlet in order to assist to get Socialite Media out there. I have learned a lot from my research through the online world although I did not get involved in any events or functions.

While doing the target media outlet list, my supervisor asked me to put in all submission information or specification into the list. Before that, I thought every newspaper outlets and magazine outlets are the same, one article or media release and send it out to all media outlets that targeted. NOW, I know that I was actually wrong! Every different media outlet has it own style in their content and submission specification; just like in this real world, there is no one service for all kind of customers. Therefore, now I have been working on articles and media releases for different target media outlet for Socialite Media, hope that my supervisor will get satisfied with my work and send it out to the media outlet.

Today's post just to share something that I have just learned so far, guess many of you guys have knew this long time ago, but well, better late than never right? :-)

Cheers,
Jessica

No comments: