Thursday, November 4, 2010

Final Post, But Not the End

So I'm cutting it pretty fine with my final post, just making it through before the deadline.
I have been up all night making those final adjustments to my report and cannot wait to hand it in.


The massive editing process has made me really realise how much I have learnt from my whole placement experience. I didn't realise I had such a broad knowledge of public relation theory and practice until I was actually using it and applying it to a business.

Although it was a rocky start for me at Sunsets, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and ensured I got the most out of the experience. I tried to turn every task I was given into an opportunity to learn something new. From doing this, I found it easy to

I have so much I can take away from my internship which includes:

- Insight into the real business world
- How to behave in a business environment
- The role of public relations and how it differs from business to business
- The importance of organisational culture and behaviour to achieving of organisational goals and objectives.


Although I don't quite feel ready to go it alone in the business world, I found the PR393 unit really effective in giving me insight into what I can expect from an organisation and what they will expect from me which I can use as a benchmark for personal goals. I now want to go away, further my studies and gain even more experience to further prepare myself.

Goodluck to everyone in their future careers!

No comments: