Looking back, I would say the most memorable (and time consuming) tasks at PPR was compiling the Conference Database and clipping the media generated from the PFF.
Conference Database: PPR Industrial Relations (I.R) maintains a conference database of Australian and World conferences. The conference listings were specific to the areas of Mining, Iron Ore, Steel, Manufacturing and Exploration. As 2010 is coming to a close, it was my task to list the conferences in 2011.
Although it was like looking for a needle in an amorphous Web 2.0 haystack. Through completing this task, I was able to appreciate the amount of research that goes into PR work. The PR practitioner’s job is never done; there are always upcoming events that the practitioner must be conscious of.
Media Clippings: TV and Radio reports were ‘clipped’ by an outsourced media organisation. A PPR employee would clip all the print and online media generated by the PFF. This meant sorting through magazines and newspapers and scanning any articles where PFF was mentioned. I was responsible for printing the clips and arranging them in chronological order. All up there were 4 folders full of clips from different media organisations.
This task was simple but very time consuming. After completing the task I was able to appreciate the massive amount of media coverage a campaign can generate.
I would like to say that my time at PPR was fantastic and I loved it. I have also enjoyed reading the comments left on my Blog Posts - they are all very positive and encouraging.
Thanks everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment