Thursday, November 4, 2010

my first event ~

The main task I had been given during my internship was the organisation of an event from A to Z.
I had to organise a cocktail for the opening of the new shop: Kuka Shop, number one in themanufacturing of sofa around the world. Have you guys heard about this shop before? They sellthe most beautiful sofas, very modern and very colourful.

I was quite stress at the beginning but I knew I could do it, I just had to put my priorities on a pice of paper and start from step 1, which I did.

I had my first meeting with the shop's owner, who very very nice. However, he did not know what was the point of doing a cocktail, but told me he would do it anyway as ti was suggested by the administration of the shopping mall. He did not know either what he would have to do or say to his guests, to the media, and how should we proceed. So it was a big challenge for me, as he had complete trust in me. I felt very important, it was nice :)

He also asked me if I could prepare a media kit for the press, and stand by his side throughout the cocktail and talk to the press. So I had to do lots of research on the brand in order to be able to reply to any questions the press would ask me.

I also had to organise the catering, the hostesses, the music and the decoration.

See my next post to see how did it go :-)

Virginie

No comments: