Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First Event

Hi all,

This is my 7th week at Weber Shandwick Indonesia and I am really excited to write this blog as I attended my first event this week. I was really excited because I have been assisting for this client since Day 1 and helping the team members with the preparations , media invites, ideas for the event location , etc. It was a media gathering hosted by the client.

The day before the event , the whole team was really glad because the press release was approved before 5.30 pm and we got enough time to prepare the media kit. That whole day went in preparing details for that event and confirming media attendance. We had a rundown ready and a “checklist” which I found to be brilliant , every little detail , whatever we had to double check was written down , which made it easy for us to confirm that we have done a solid preparation . As the saying goes “ failure to prepare is a preparation to failure!” :)

Finally the day came, I woke up an hour earlier so I could reach the office earlier and do last minute preparations. When I reached the office , I re-counted the number of media releases and fact sheets compiled and told my supervisor, based on the number of confirmations we thought that it was less , so we made another 20 sets and prepared que cards for the MC . Juggling between that and completing my daily routine, we finally left for the event at 12.30 pm .

Upon Reaching the location , I carefully noticed how everything went on smoothly due to a good preparation ahead. Everyone was on time , the acoustic band reached , food was already at the back , drinks were prepared, I was quite impressed. My duty was to greet the reporters and help distribute the press release and fact sheet when they arrive. I also helped in preparing the souvenir for the reporters. The event started on-time and everything went smoothly. I noticed a few “Fake-Reporters” that were there merely for entertainment perhaps , I was warned for this and knew it instantly when they approached us for souvenirs. Even so, We had more than expected number of media attendees.

The event concluded at 4:30pm and we headed back to the office to send the list of media who attended to our client . We got done with that around 8 pm and though we were all exhausted we were also really thrilled that everything went well and we achieved more than expected. I envy my supervisor who was the account holder and how she was calm throughout, she made all of us calm as well and I think that’s the big part of the reason why everything went well. She was composed throughout the planning, preparation and also during the event. I learned a lot that day and really got the feel of it :)

We ended the day by going out for dinner with everyone since one of our interns was leaving :( but we spent the last day with joy and laughter. it was a great day indeed ! :)

I cannot share any links or photos due to confidentiality restrictions. sorry guys :(

Cheers. please do give me your comments and feedbacks :)
Winisha
14488658

No comments: