Sunday, January 9, 2011

PR intern at Weber Shandwick Jakarta

Hello Everyone !

I am Winisha Mirpuri from Curtin Singapore, i am currently doing internship at Weber Shandwick Jakarta at the moment. I commenced my internship on the 15th of December 2010, and will end this February. We are a team of 15 inclusive of 5 interns. My colleagues and intern friends are all very friendly and extremely helpful.

I am glad i took this internship because it really showed me the inside or PR, and what our job is all about. My daily responsibilities are:

• Media monitoring

• Maintain and update client administration (reports, send invitation and follow up media)

• Maintain and update media database (master file and client specific)

• Conduct mini research for certain issue (Goggling, reading newspaper/magazines etc)

That sums up what I do every day , so there is no interaction between me and the clients or the media for that matter , apart from phone calls to check if they have received press releases or invitations .i have been here over 3 weeks and i have never been asked to come up w ideas for campaigns and all that . Maybe because the clients im currently handling does not really have a lot of events per say, but i do assist my supervisors in the making of various research. I am also not allowed to attend meetings due to confidentiality restrictions. So in short I am learning a lot but all technical aspect of it.

Hopefully over the next coming weeks I will learn more . :)

Cheers guys , do pass me your comments :)

Winisha

No comments: