Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Today Is My Last Day

Completion Day

First of all I would like to say "Happy Chinese New Year" to everyone. Today I will be packing my staff and leaving my attachment. I started on the 1st of December, 2010 and I am completing today 31st of January, 2011. It is never easy to say goodbye. Since the beginning of last week everyone was putting an unusual attention on me, even though they can't tell me I could tell through their actions that they did not want me to go. Well I feel the same too but I have to say goodbye.

Since the beginning of this year I did not post nothing much on my blog besides comments to to save contents for today's post. Well after new year we did not have much going on as you know this is an NGO. We had only one seminar on High Performance Communication: Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating, by Professor Dr. George Kohlrieser which was held at Taylor’s Lakeside Campus, Taylor’s University. The seminar was very successful, people wanted to meet the man himself
'Professor Dr. George Kohlrieser' who is known for his reputation of being an organizational and clinical psychologist and a professor of leadership and organizational behavior at IMD (International Institute for Management Development) at Switzerland. He has worked with many global organizations that include Toyota, Coca-Cola, HP, Nestle, Nokia and many more and he is also known in Malaysia for working with Khazanah and Minda (The Malaysian Directors Academy) - on its Board of Directors Programme, Sime Darby and Petronas. A lot to be told about the professor and his reputation so I will not spend much time talking about him.

Besides the seminar AIDCOM has managed to prepare a December publication for JDC (Journal for Development Communication) that is usually published twice every year. The rest of the time of my attachment was very interesting even though there wasn't much projects. At AIDCOM I learned a lot of things, I leaned to write for the organization, monitoring communication, blogging, discussion, problem solving, planning and researching. I realized that there is so much to learn in the working environment.
Well that was a slice of my experience at AIDCOM. I hope everyone is having a great time.

Thank you for reading.

Regards
Jabulani Othusitse
LUCT

No comments: