Bonjour ~
Happy Chinese New Year! Working for almost 15 days in Likas Square Condotel, I finally have the time to write my first blog here. Before I started to share my working experience in this cozy hotel, I would like to take this opportunity to thank my HR Manager, Ms. Esther Lim, as she planned a brilliant working schedule especially for me with the intention to let me learn better during my internship period.
Another person that I must truly thank is my executive, Ms. Wendy, who is the Senior Sales Communication Executive (also known as Senior Public Relations Executive) in Likas Square Condotel. There were three main sectors divided in this department, which are the internet sector, government sector and media sector. For the first two weeks, I will be learning in the internet sector. For the first day in Likas Square Condotel, the HR officer, Ms. Mariah gave me tour within the hotel and the commercial centre besides, which is also the property of our Chief Executive Officer, and introduces me to all the lovely staff in this hotel.

First day to work, there were a lot of things I need to catch up. Every single piece of information regarding to the hotel I must be clear and able to memorize it as soon as possible. After the hard work throughout the whole night, I am able to have all these information into my mind such as all the number of suites, amenities provided, facilities available, shuttle bus service, taxi or airport transfer fare, prices of suites, price for extra bed or mattress, room number of suites that provide for four and six pax, the location of the suites, floor plan of the hotel, the usage of some hotel system and so on. Oh well, even the password for the hotel's mailbox need to be in the mind as well. I am glad that I have my “little buddy” with me 24/7.
On the second day, my colleague took emergency leave. I was assigned to be in her post. I picked up calls, replied enquiry mails, handle feedbacks from the guests and update information in the INNKeeper system. To be honest, I am extremely nervous and excited as this was the first time I am working like an OL (Office Lady) and I am afraid of making mistakes especially on the phone as it will affect the first impression of the callers toward the hotel. Furthermore, I need to keep an eye on the mailbox every half an hour in order to ensure that the hotel responses to every enquiries in the shortest time. I must say that I never do this in my whole life, waiting in front of the mailbox, desperate for enquiry mails. I was so anticipated for enquiries as it will be a great practice for me to know how to handle enquiries. Furthermore, the happiness of helping the guests to solve their enquiries or satisfying the guests’ special requests are hard to explain through words especially when they replied to thank you for your prompt response. My work seems to be very simple but challenging to me as the enquiries from guests are always coming in different versions which sometimes might cause headache on replying.
My first week of working had taught me a lot. It brings the theories that we used to learn in the lectures into reality. We learned customer relations and importance of internet technology. During my first week of work, I manage to handle simple ways in keeping customer relations with the hotel through internet technologies. Besides that, I was assigned as well to write welcome notes for the guests and ways in handling feedbacks and complaints from the guests. In my next post, I will be sharing some campaigns within the hotel as well as some ongoing employee relations work. Stay tuned!!
Best Regards,
Tricia Liang
14203000
Curtin Miri
4 comments:
How exciting of your work there. May I ask roughly how many email you have to attain to daily? Hope you continue to enjoy the work there! Cheerio.
Wow! Your internship experience sounds exciting! It’s great to get an insight to in-house PR, especially one so detailed. I’ve always wondered how much passion for the industry in which in-house PR practioners work in affects their working experience and performance.
Personally, I feel that it plays an essential role, but my lecturer shared that as PR practioners, we should not let the industry affect our performance.
I’d love to get your opinion on this.
Enjoy your internship! :)
haha.. so fast u have a lot of comment d !
wish you all the best and happy new year
KevinC:
Many thanks to be the first person giving comment to my blog and your encouragement to me! Oh well, up to date, I had attained more than 900 emails! Of course, these includes some commercial ads as well. Wish you all the best and hope you have a lovely weekend.
Kwa Qian Hui:
Thank you so much for your comment! Oh well, I do agree with your point. Ideal and reality is always different. Theoretically, passion for the industry should not affect our performance, which is also known as professionalism. However, undeniably, it actually does affect our performance.
Passion is the motivation for me to perform better in every tasks assigned. This is what I am experiencing now. Anyway, thanks so much for your sharing. I do appreciate it! Wish you all the best and hope you have a lovely weekend!
Vincent Chai:
Thank you for your comment! Wish you a happy Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day as well!!
Post a Comment